Australian Capital Territory Grants
- Two years of free registration for new or used Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEVs) from 24 May 2021 until 30 June 2024. ZEVs purchased prior to 24 May 2021 are not eligible however they will receive a 20% ongoing reduction in registration fees.
- Eligible homeowners or residents in the ACT can apply for a $2,000 - $15,000 interest free loan under the Sustainable Household Scheme. This scheme assists with the purchase of a ZEV or other energy-efficient products including electric vehicle charging infrastructure and the installation cost for these products.
- ZEVs purchased for the first time are eligible for a full stamp duty exemption
- Preferential lane access exists for ZEV drivers in transit and high-occupancy vehicle lanes
- The government has committed $1.3M to deliver 50 publicly accessible EV chargers in the ACT in 2022